Flokk: – We literally have billions of product variations
Marianne Otterdahl Møller is global marketing and digital director at Flokk. She is passionate about good user experiences, flexible processes and good communication.
– My job in a nutshell is to make sure that we have an engaging story to tell our customers and that we build our various brands.
Since 2018, Forte Digital has been a strategic partner with Flokk, a leading manufacturer and supplier of quality furniture in Europe. The group consists of 9 different brands, with 2,000 employees across 15 countries. Digital transformation is one of the company's most important strategic drivers.
During the past four years, Forte Digital has, among other things, built the furniture giant's new e-commerce platform, website and a completely new product configurator.
– We have an ambitious plan for our digital transformation. Digitization is one of our five most important strategies and we still have a long way to go. We want to create better digital customer experiences, streamline internal processes, while at the same time facilitating long-term growth and profitability. With Forte Digital as a partner, we are better equipped to achieve this.
Billions of product variations
When Flokk began its collaboration with Forte Digital in 2018, it was with a clear but challenging goal: Build and recreate the physical shopping experience in the digital sphere. Finding new user-friendly and innovative ways to present the products digitally was one of the first challenges that had to be solved.
– We have literally billions of product variations in the form of different furniture models, colors and textiles. Naturally, we cannot take pictures of all these variations. That's why we decided to build a completely new product configurator together with the team from Forte Digital.
The result is a new 3D configurator that makes it easy for the user to design their own chair, choose the model, textiles, accessories and other adjustment options. The configurator has received international attention, including from the leading video game development company Unity Technologies.
1500 percent growth
At the same time, the number of visitors to Flokk's website has grown by 1,500 per cent in the past three years. The website currently supports 13 markets with different needs and product portfolios.
– With our new e-commerce platform, we have got an infrastructure that is flexible. The platform facilitates scaling across all the markets in which we work. That is an important result in itself.
- 1500% increase in visitors on the website
- 10% decrease in bounce rate
- 25% increase in average session length
- 35% increase in page views
- 30% increased traffic from organic searches
At Forte Digital, we believe that the development of digital services and products is best done in interdisciplinary teams consisting of designers, technologists and business developers who have a common goal and desire to create the best solutions for our customers and their end users. This interdisciplinarity has produced clear results at Flokk.
– We have a relatively small, but agile and competent team consisting of architects, e-commerce experts, UX designers and developers, from both Flokk and Forte Digital. Forte Digital has been good at understanding our needs, how we can become even more efficient and how Flokk works as an organisation.